Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Asher Boy

Yes, I know... It has been about a million years since I posted anything to my blog. Life has been more than a little crazy as we all know it can get. So here is a quick summary of Asher:

Asher is growing like crazy despite having his first illness last month where we thought he had lost so much weight but actually hadn't according to his doctor stats. He had enterovirus which basically means lots of vomit and diarrhea in case you really wanted to know. I think I may have broken my washing machine from all of the blowout incidents we had to take care of multiple times a day and by that I mean at least 7 times a day. Now our washer makes a terrible grinding noise every time it fills up with water and starts to spin. You would think I would get smart and buy an extra sheet and matress cover for his crib, but I still haven't yet. It is on my wishlist for a future hopeful Amazon.com purchase though. Poor little guy. He finally got over that and now we all have colds. On top of that, he is getting his first tooth this week. He cries way more than I've ever heard him cry. He's clingy and super grumpy but we love him all the same. He's finally filling in after being so sick and I look forward to seeing how much he weighs at his doctor appointment this month. I love his chubby cheeks and thighs. Oh, did I mention that he is still army crawling? He can get up on his hands and knees but he is just so much faster when he drags himself across the floor. He has explored every nook and cranny of our house as much as I let him. His favorite place to sneak into is our computer desk. Silly Asher. You can't have every piece of paper that I'm printing for my business... but he's managed to sneak a few before I move him away. Distraction is not an option for this little guy right now. Asher's main goal in life is to find new things and eat them. He's such a good natured baby. He gets fussy when he is tired and that is usually the only time. He is always super hungry in the morning and can't wait to eat or drink. I live in fear for what our food budget is going to be in the teenage years. He is only 9 months old and already eats 3 meals a day plus snacks and his usual formula. That would explain why he is wearing 2T clothing! His hair is starting to fill in and get curly on the top and sides. It's super cute when I put a little gel in it. He also likes to play games now. He makes a grunting sound and then waits for you to look at him. Then he'll cough and smile. Then he'll cough again and smile. He thinks he's pretty funny. Addie is his best buddy. I love how she calls him "Asher Boy" all the time. I can see her get a little frustrated now that he is mobile. She has had to move most of her toys to the couch as a result, but sooner than later that won't be a safe zone either. Sorry girl. You're little brother is growing up. Way to go Asher!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I LOVE these pictures!! He is such a sweet little guy...so sorry he was sick...not fun :( But so glad you guys are on the mend!!! Oh...can't wait to see that army crawl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on the same page with eating - Jalen eats as much as me and I'm not exaggerating. The picture of Asher by the hay bale is adorable. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete