Monday, May 30, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

It's been so long since I have accomplished anything in the blogging world... or scrapbooking for that matter. I feel like all of my time is devoted to my kids: feeding them, cleaning them up, cleaning up after them, playing with them, making stuff with them, going places with them, feeding them again, cleaning up again, doing chores, folding laundry, making meals, playing games, reading books, etc. By the time the kids are in bed, I'm kind of just ready for bed myself. Throw a few winter time illnesses into the mix and it has been one long winter full of stay-at-home mommy work/exhaustion. Sometimes I wonder how we even survive. Ha, ha! It's such a blessing to be at home with my kids, but I must admit that it's not easy constantly juggling the things I have to get done with the things I want to get done. My kids always come first in their needs for sure. I'm also a person who likes to do crafty and creative things. I don't know why. I just like to make stuff. All the time. I'm pretty sure that I have about fifty projects started and maybe two of them got finished over the winter. I thought I would get more done in the winter because we're all inside and there should be more time to spend working on hobbies, right? Nope. Not here. I realized that winter is even harder to get stuff done because kids have seemingly endless amounts of energy that they need to release on a daily basis. So. Much. Energy. So. Little. Time. I feel like we're finally starting to accomplish house projects and home decorating again now that the kids can spend some time outside... which also leaves them tuckered out so they take good naps and go to bed early. Yeah for moms everywhere! Hopefully I will be able to finish the other 48 projects sometime soon. You think I'm joking. No. I really have about that many skirts/sewing projects ready to make in their own little ziploc bags. BUT today I'm working on scrapbooks... here's the latest:


3 comments:

  1. Oh I love these little faces!!! Addie was so cute when I came over yesterday--she totally made me smile :D Thanks for sharing your darling babies with us--we sure love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so adorable!! Honestly, why don't we get together more often! We really need to!!! We need to do another camping trip ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Transport Chairs

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete